- Why choose this program
- Program and Contents
- Who this course is for
- Methodology and Assesment
- Work placements
- International Scholarships
- Cost, application and admission
Why choose this program
- Be ready to lead communications departments in private and public companies, nonprofit organizations, government agencies and communication agencies.
- Know how to design and develop innovative communication strategies.
- Learn to execute specific communication action plans.
- Learn from the best. All our teachers are active professionals with a prestigious background and teaching experience.
- Attain complete mastery of knowledge that will allow you to successfully address the challenges you will face in your career.
- We are committed to guiding, supporting and advising you to supplement the quality of your training.
Program and Contents
The MCIC will immerse you in an exciting and constantly evolving profession. By the end of the program you will have mastered the knowledge and skills needed to successfully address the challenges that you will face during your career.
The structure of this Masters Degree Program is divided into three basic areas of training that involve 1,500 hours of learning and are worth 60 ECTS credits. The relative weight of each area is:
Coursework: 47 ECTS
Masters Thesis: 5 ECTS
Work placements: 8 ECTS
Economic Intelligence (World Context: political, social, economic and financial)
Society information and public opinion
International Panorama of the Media
Digital environment: New channels and formats
Communication´s Deontology and ethics
Legal framework in the information society
Analysis, measurement and metrics of customer experience
Multistakeholder verification, monitoring and reporting systems. Control panel and communication indicators
Research for the strategy
Insights Trends and Search
Communications and the brand in companies, institutions and territories
Strategic thinking and integrated communication
Creative thinking and generating new ideas
Intangible assets and corporate reputation
Constructing the Message. Core ideas. Storytelling
Director of Communications. Roles and Responsibilities
Organisational structure of the Department
Economic management, planning and budget control
Media relations. Press Office
Communication of contingencies and crisis
Multimedia content design. Content management and digital media
Social media and community management
Corporate events and protocol
Advertising strategy, medium and media planning
Internal communications and corporate culture
CSR and sustainability
Lobbying, public affairs and advocacy. Public and corporate diplomacy
Communications in Public institutions
Political Communication and election campaigns
Communications in social organizations
Evolution of integrated marketing and communications
Identity and image formation. Naming.
Branding and signalling. Brand books, brand guardians and brand ambassadors.
Branded Content and Entertainment. Paid media. Owned media. Earned media. Engagement
Customer Relationship Management and Life Time Value
Neuromarketing and the consumer mind
Integral sensory experience. New resources: music and corporate fragrances
Leadership and emotional intelligence
Change and innovation management
People management and conflict resolution
Personal and professional negotiation
Personal branding and the digital footprint
Effective presentations, improvisation skills and non-verbal communication
Written and corporate communication
Oratory and rhetoric: discourse, debating: constructing arguments
Mindfulness and coaching
Over the whole duration of the course students will have the chance to visit some of the leading companies, agencies, organizations, consultancy firms and media outlets in the sector. During these visits our hosts will inform students on day to day management issues and the current challenges of the day.
Who this course is for
- Students who wish to specialize in communications and new digital environments.
- International students who want to pursue higher education in Spain and Spanish graduates aiming for professional development in the international market.
- Latin America is given special attention due to its huge growth potential and demand for specialized training.
- The Master will bring together students from different nationalities for their personal, academic and professional growth.
The teaching staff is made up of active professionals with extensive international experience and expertise in specific areas, a comprehensive and integrated vision of communication and a proven teaching track record.
Methodology and Assesment
Small groups: maximum 25 students
Study Mode: classroom
Theoretical and practical approach
Active training to promote strategic thinking
Successful transnational and current case studies
Lectures by managers and professionals from the sector
Visits to leading companies, organizations, consultancy firms and media outlets
Assessment of skills and knowledge for each subject and unit
Individual and team exercises
Masters Thesis: development of a communication plan
Personal brand building and creation of a personal blog
Masters Degree issued by the Escuela Internacional de Comunicación
Masters Degree issued by the Centro de Estudios Universitarios CEDEU, Rey Juan Carlos University
- At the end of the academic year all students can participate in a three-month paid internship in a communications department or a communications agency.
- A free Professional Video Curriculum service is available for all those who want to record and distribute an audiovisual document to summarize their professional trajectory.
We want to invigorate your career and help you maximize its full potential.
To ensure that costs do not become a hurdle to accessing our courses, a wide range of scholarships and financial assistance is available.
Who can Apply?
International students that have been admitted to one of our Masters degree programs at our Madrid headquarters in Spain.
How to Apply?
Remember that the whole process takes place before paying the enrollment fee (€700).
Descarga toda la información necesaria para solicitar tu beca
Types of Scholarships and Amounts
Professional Development Scholarship
40% off the price of the Master (excluding enrollment fee).
All students applying for a scholarship are automatically considered for this scholarship.
15% additional discount off the price of the master (excluding enrollment fee).
Candidates with professional experience and realistic expectations of new responsibilities.
- Must have been granted the professional development scholarship.
- Minimum academic record average of 4/5,0 or 8/10,0 or 16/20 (or its equivalent according to the grading scale of each country).
- Professional experience.
- Submission of research proposal to be carried out during stay in Spain.
30% additional discount off the price of the master (excluding enrollment fee).
For candidates with excellent academic records who have not yet started working professionally.
- Must have been granted the Professional Development scholarship.
- Minimum academic record average of 4,4/5,0 or 9/10,0 or 18/20 (or its equivalent according to the grading scale of each country).
- Under 30 years of age.
- Submission of research proposal to carry out during your stay in Spain.
- Family and special economic circumstances will be taken into account.
Deadline for applications: June, 07th 2019
Deadline for payment of enrollment fee (once the scholarship is granted): July, 25th 2019
Deadline for payment of the entire amount (after applying the discount): October 10th 2019
(*) Deadline general reference. Each candidate will receive individual communications according to their personal calendar as the processing of their file.
Cost, application and admission
€12.700 (€700 enrollment fee)
To evaluate your candidacy as a student of this program you must provide:
- Correctly filled out Application Form for the MCIC program.
- An up to date curriculum.
In addition, in order to complete the admission process, the following documentation must be submitted:
- Certified copy of the University Degree or study certificate from the candidate’s country of origin with the required Apostille. Should it not be in Spanish, an official translation of the document will also be required.
- Official transcript of university marks with the necessary Apostille.
- Cover letter outlining how the candidate expects the program to positively influence their professional development.
- Photocopy of valid passport and residence card (if applicable).
- Two passport photos.
For further information on how to enroll, email us at email@example.com