- Why choose this program
- Program and Contents
- Who this course is for?
- Methodology and Assessment
- Work placements
- International Scholarships
- Cost, application and admission
Why choose this program
- Develop an attitude of study and analysis to identify trends, needs and desires of different audiences.
- Learn how to manage any organization related to the sectors: leisure, sport and entertainment.
- Coordinate, integrate, give coherence, design and take initiatives with an integral vision of communication.
- Found the resources of marketing and public relations tools, especially the experiential and digital ones.
- Consolidate a vision of entertainment, leisure and sports management as an ideal instrument to favor business change, with an important potential for transforming societies and generating wealth, sustainability and well-being.
- Identify how to measure the quality and results of your work so that you can demonstrate the added value of your performance.
- Coordinate multidisciplinary and international teams for local and global brands.
- Acquire the skills to project internally and externally the goals, development and results of brand experience and lifestyle strategies.
- Develop the management and communication skills that every professional in the sector must possess to coordinate people, projects and budgets.
Program and Contents
The MSEC will immerse you in an exciting and constantly evolving profession. By the end of the program you will have mastered the knowledge and skills needed to successfully address the challenges that you will face during your career.
The structure of this Masters Degree Program is divided into three basic areas of training that involve 1,500 hours of learning and are worth 60 ECTS credits. The relative weight of each area is:
Coursework: 47 ECTS
Masters Thesis: 5 ECTS
Work placements: 8 ECTS
Economic intelligence (global context: political, social, economic and financial)
Information society and public opinion
International panorama of the Media
Digital environment: New channels and formats
Communication´s deontology and ethics.
Legal framework in the digital economy
Analysis, measurement and metrics in customer experience
Multi stakeholder verification, monitoring and reporting systems. Scorecard and indicators
Insights Trends and Search
Communication and Marketing Plan
Audiences and messages: from generation Z to generation Alfa and Digital Revolution
Media and Channels: how to reach the global audience
Communication in specialized areas (sport, leisure and turisme)
Entertainment PR: celebrities, influencers and brand ambassadors
Event Management and Organisation
Creation and dinamization of content in social networks from the theoretical part
Representation: Agencies, the agent as an intermediary, representatives and managers
History and evolution of communication and sport marketing
History and evolution of eSports
Sport and corporate social responsibility
Sport on the internet and social networks
International sports communication
Identity, privacy, right and security of eSports
New business models associated with eSports
Exploitation of products and services in sport: licensing and merchandising
Economic and financial management in sports organisations
Industry, history and evolution of eSports
Identity, privacy and security. The right of
New business models: communication and sports marketing associated with eSports
Organisation of eSports events
Genres: MOBAS’s, RTS, FPS, Fighting
The entertainment industry. Future trends and forecasts. Global market and regional characteristics
New technologies and connected society: new languages, new products and markets in the live entertainment and entertainment sector
Entrepreneurship. Internet: business evolution and technological capabilities applied to leisure and entertainment. Websites, entertainment content portals, digital platforms and distribution
Legal management in the entertainment industry
Special features of main genres: musicals, circus shows, theatre, dance…
Entertainment agents: creator, representative, producer, financier, promoter, exhibitor, public agent
Tourism and globalization: new audiences, new habits and new channels. Leisure as a driver of economic and commercial activity
Genres: MOBAs, RTS, FPS, Fighting
Leadership and emotional intelligence
Change management and innovation
People and interpersonal conflict management
Management of people and interpersonal conflicts. Negotiation techniques
Personal brand and digital profile
Effective presentations, improvisation techniques and non verbal communication
Written and corporative communication
Public speaking and communication: speeches, debates and elaboration of arguments
Who this course is for?
- Students who wish to specialise in communications and new digital environments.
- International students who want to pursue higher education in Spain and Spanish graduates aiming for professional development in the international market.
- Latin America is given special attention due to its huge growth potential and demand for specialized training.
- The Master will bring together students from different nationalities for their personal, academic and professional growth.
The teaching staff is made up of active professionals with extensive international experience and expertise in specific areas, a comprehensive and integrated vision of communication and a proven teaching track record.
Methodology and Assessment
Small groups: maximum 25 students
Study Mode: classroom
Theoretical and practical approach
Active training to promote strategic thinking
Successful transnational and current case studies
Lectures by managers and professionals from the sector
Visits to leading companies, organizations, consultancy firms and media outlets
Assessment of skills and knowledge for each subject and unit
Individual and team exercises
Masters Thesis: development of a communication plan
Personal brand building and creation of a personal blog
Masters Degree issued by the Escuela Internacional de Comunicación
Masters Degree issued by the Centro de Estudios Universitarios CEDEU, Rey Juan Carlos University
- At the end of the academic year all students can participate in a three-month paid internship in a communications department or a communications agency.
- A free Professional Video Curriculum service is available for all those who want to record and distribute an audiovisual document to summarize their professional trajectory.
We want to invigorate your career and help you maximize its full potential.
To ensure that costs do not become a hurdle to accessing our courses, a wide range of scholarships and financial assistance is available.
Who can Apply?
International students that have been admitted to one of our Masters degree programs at our Madrid headquarters in Spain.
How to Apply?
Remember that the whole process takes place before paying the enrollment fee (€900).
Download all the information needed to apply for your scholarship.
Types of Scholarships and Amounts
Professional Development Scholarship
35% off the price of the Master (excluding enrollment fee).
All students applying for a scholarship are automatically considered for this scholarship.
15% additional discount off the price of the master (excluding enrollment fee).
Candidates with professional experience and realistic expectations of new responsibilities.
- Must have been granted the professional development scholarship.
- Minimum academic record average of 4/5,0 or 8/10,0 or 16/20 (or its equivalent according to the grading scale of each country).
- Professional experience.
- Submission of research proposal to be carried out during stay in Spain.
25% additional discount off the price of the master (excluding enrollment fee).
For candidates with excellent academic records who have not yet started working professionally.
- Must have been granted the Professional Development scholarship.
- Minimum academic record average of 4,4/5,0 or 9/10,0 or 18/20 (or its equivalent according to the grading scale of each country).
- Under 30 years of age.
- Submission of research proposal to carry out during your stay in Spain.
- Family and special economic circumstances will be taken into account.
Deadline for applications: June, 05th 2020
Deadline for payment of enrolment fee (once the scholarship is granted): July, 25th 2020
Deadline for payment of the entire amount (after applying the discount): October, 15th 2020
(*) Deadline general reference. Each candidate will receive individual communications according to their personal calendar as the processing of their file.
Cost, application and admission
€ 12.900 (€ 900€ enrolment fee)
To evaluate your candidacy as a student of this program you must provide:
- Correctly filled out Application Form for the MSEC program
- An up to date curriculum
In addition, in order to complete the admission process, the following documentation must be submitted:
- Certified copy of the University Degree or study certificate from the candidate’s country of origin with the required Apostille. Should it not be in Spanish, an official translation of the document will also be required.
- Official transcript of university marks with the necessary Apostille.
- Cover letter outlining how the candidate expects the program to positively influence their professional development.
- Photocopy of valid passport and residence card (if applicable).
- Two passport photos.
For further information on how to enroll, email us at email@example.com